Summer Corn Salsa Recipe
I love this as a side dish to a few Airfryerable Hot Balls. It helps me keep things healthy and tasty!
3 ears of corn, husked (or 3 cups frozen corn, thawed)
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided 2 oz.
Bacon 12 scallions, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
½–1 serrano chile (depending on heat), finely chopped
¾ tsp. kosher salt, plus more
1 cup buttermilk
⅓ cup chopped cilantro
1 lime, halved Lime wedges (for serving)
1. Cut kernels from corncobs and place in a medium bowl. Using the back of a chef’s knife, scrape milk from cobs into the bowl; discard cobs.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium saucepan over medium. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, until it starts to get crisp, about 2 minutes.
3. Take out bacon and set aside.
4. Drain oil.
5. Return pan to medium heat and add scallions, garlic, chile, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and ¾ tsp. salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened but not browned, about 2 minutes.
6. Add corn kernels and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright yellow and softened, 5–7 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and let corn mixture cool in pan 5 minutes.
8. Gently mix in buttermilk and cilantro.
9. Taste and season with more salt if needed
10. Divide corn mixture into plates.
11. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.