Spicy Air Fryer Asian Long Beans (with a Vegan Option)
1/2 onion sliced
3 rashers bacon chopped (omit for vegan)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
1/2 pound Chinese long beans cut in 3 inch pieces
1. Toss beans in 1 Tbl spoon oil and roast in the Airfryer at 400F for 10 to 12 mins. Do not overcook as it will dehydrate!
2. Heat the other 1 Tbl spoon oil and when hot, add onions, garlic and ginger.
3. When fragrant, add the bacon and fry for a few minutes.
4. Add the chilli flakes and saute.
5. Add the Airfried long beans and toss.
5. Add honey and sesame oil and toss.
6. Increase the heat and let the honey caramelize slightly and all the liquid evaporates.
6. Toss with toasted sesame seeds.
NOTE1:For Vegan version omit the bacon.
NOTE 2: If you like your bacon crispy, precook them until crisp and toss in with the toasted sesame seeds.